2021 GED ART CONTEST: *** For those entering the Art contest.***
New Deadline May 7, 2021
Art Contest Prizes
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will be rewarded in each category. The categories are K5-3rd grade, 4th-6th grade, 7th-9th grade, and 10th-12th
grade. 1st place winners will receive $250; 2nd place winners will receive $150, and 3rd place winners will receive $100. Honorable Mentions in each category will recieved a ribbon.
Art Contest Rules
1. Artwork should pertain to the contest theme of “Discovering India”.
2. 2D Artwork should be no larger than 18”x24” and can be created in any art media such as colored pencil, crayon, paint, oil pastel, ink pen, etc. 3D work will be accepted with a size limit of 8” x 8”x 8”. Please be considerate of weight when entering 3D pieces.
3. Each piece of artwork should have a completed entry form attached to the back. 4th-12th grade entries must fill out the written portion either neatly handwritten or typed. All entries should be received at the International Festival Office by 5pm Friday, May 7, 2021.
4. All 2D artwork must be matted on a black poster board or construction paper with a typed name tag attached to the bottom right corner. Please make sure the name tag does not cover the artwork. Name tags can be downloaded from the website.
5. All students who submit art to “Discovering India" Art Contest will receive one free admission pass to the 2021 Columbia International Festival at S.C. State Fairgrounds, if not cancelled due to health concerns or applicable regulations; tentative date is June 5, 2021.
6. This contest was postponed due to the cancellation of the 2020 Festival. All new artwork will be added to artwork previously submitted for the 2020 CIF Global Education Day Art Contest (if not withdrawn by the artist). All artwork will be judged together.
7. All artwork must be picked up from the office by July 1st, 2021. Any artwork not picked up will become the property of the International Festival and will not be returned.
8. The artwork will be judged by various art and education professionals in the community. Artwork will be judged based on originality, interpretation of the theme, creativity, use of the medium and artistic quality. Winners should be notified by Monday, May 24.
9. Winning entries, and as many other entries as possible, will be displayed during the International Festival and/or on CIFonline.org (by submitting the work, you give permission for the work to be displayed at the discretion of Festival officials). The first place winners in each category will be recognized at the Festival (see #5), and some winners may have a photo published in the State Newspaper and/or other media outlets.
(Note: the tags or other materials on this website may have dates or other outdated information, related to the 2020 Festival. You can ignore such uncorrected information--sorry for the inconvenience. Https://www.cifonline.org/ged-art-contest has the official 2021 rules.)