2020 GED ART CONTEST: *** For those entering the Art contest.***
April 3, 2020
Art Contest Prizes
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will be rewarded in each category. The categories are K5-3rd grade, 4th-6th grade, 7th-9th grade, and 10th-12th
grade. 1st place winners will receive $250 as well as free admission to the International Gala for them, one parent/guardian and their teacher. 2nd place winners will receive $150, and 3rd place winners will receive $100. Honorable Mentions in each category will recieved a ribbon.
Art Contest Rules
1. Artwork should pertain to the contest theme of “Discovering India”.
2. 2D Artwork should be no larger than 18”x24” and can be created in any art media such as colored pencil, crayon, paint, oil pastel, ink pen, etc. 3D work will be accepted with a size limit of 8” x 8”x 8”. Please be considerate of weight when entering 3D pieces.
3. Each piece of artwork should have a completed entry form attached to the back. 4th-12th grade entries must fill out the written portion either neatly handwritten or typed. All entries should be sent to the International Festival Office by Wednesday, March, 18.
4. All 2D artwork must be matted on a black poster board or construction paper with a typed name tag attached to the bottom right corner. Please
make sure the name tag does not cover the artwork. Name tags can be downloaded from the website.
5. All students who submit art to “Discovering India" Art Contest will receive one free admission pass to the International Festival, April 4-5, at S.C. State Fairgrounds.
6. All artwork must be picked up from the office by June 1st, 2020. Any artwork not picked up will become the property of the International Festival
and will not be returned.
7. The artwork will be judged by various art professionals in the community. Artwork will be judged based on originality, interpretation of the theme,
creativity, use of the medium and artistic quality. Winners should be notified by Monday, March 23.
8. Winning entries, and as many other entries as possible, will be displayed in the Cantey Building during the International Festival. The first place winners in each category will be recognized at the International Gala. All winners may have a photo published in the State Newspaper.